Last week, Mommy forgot that she had volunteered to enter a bake off at work (proceeds are going to charity). So at 9:30 on Thursday Night, she started making a Wilson Standard, Jack's Great Grandma Melliss' Molasses.
I got all my wet ingredients mixed and then realized that I didn't have any flour! 4 cups of flour is a little much to ask of a neighbor at 9:45PM, so I went out in desperate hope that the center market was open. It wasn't, but CVS was! I got the flour and headed home to continue my baking adventure. I added the ginger, cloves, nutmeg and cinnam---what!!! No CINNAMON!!! How can you make molasses cookies without CINNAMON! It is almost as bad as making them without Molasses!!! At this point, I knew that CVS was closed, but I found some old cinnamon sticks in the cupboard. I got out my microplaner and started to work at the sticks! Yeah-- that lasted all of two minutes!!! Not to be deterred, I pulled out the allspice--close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades and now molasses cookies!!!
Well, after all that, and some shameless use of child advertising (see the picture below which was featured on my voting box), I am proud to say that "Jack's Great Grandma Melliss' Molasses" won first place in the cookie category, Cinnamon, or not!!
No comments:
Post a Comment